Friday, May 14, 2010

Bert Jansch in Oakland

When I started doing posters about 9 months ago, I made a short list of the performers I wanted to do posters for. Bert Jansch was one of those artists. Bert was scheduled to play a show last Summer in Felton and he unfortunately had to cancel due to health problems. I was kind of hoping he would be back, and indeed he is, in a big way. This month he has joined Neil Young as the special guest on Neil's solo tour of the East Coast and Southern states. Bert is playing 3 or 4 dates on the West Coast at the end of the Neil Young tour. Neil's wife, Pegi is opening these shows. And I am doing the poster for Oakland, Stacie Willoughby is doing the poster for Santa Cruz ( also a silkscreen print that she will have for sale at that show ). Many thanks to Stacie, Britt at folkYEAH! and to Bert. I am really looking forward to seeing one of my heroes.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! Bert Jansch is incredible. Glad to see he's coming to Oakland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Bert is one of a kind, and its great that he is still touring. Two shows were also just announced supporting Neil Young at the Fox in Oakland. Hope to see you at the New Parish show!

    ReplyDelete