Sunday, May 27, 2012

All of Us or None Exhibit Demo

I had the great honor to participate in a live screen printing demonstration at the Oakland Museum of California, as part of their All of Us or None : Social Justice Posters of the Bay Area Exhibit. The gallery is filled with 68 posters from the Bay Area and spanning a range of years. It was really great to answer questions and field conversation while I printed the keyline layer of my 2 color design in the Museum's Great Hall, and I am talking with the staff about possibly doing an upcoming Friday night event at the end of June... My print, a poster for Jean Ritchie and George Pickow's Appalachain Dulcimer shop, located near the Williamsburg Bridge in Brooklyn ( from 1949-1965 ) will be added to my online store soon. It is the first print on my new larger press, and measures 19.5 x 24...

3 comments:

  1. Jeff- Sorry I missed your demonstration, am really glad you were part of the lineup and enjoyed the opportunity to do live printing in a gallery. How cool is that. Folk and bluegrass music has always had strong roots in social justice and working class culture - here's a poster I did for a long-gone cafe:
    http://www.docspopuli.org/LincolnCat/detail.np/detail-26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes the demo was a lot of fun, challenging to be so engaged in conversation as I was printing, but nice that so many people were interested in screen printing, and my imagery. Thanks for sending the poster, nice work!

      Delete
  2. Nicely symmetrical tree. Nature is symmetrical of course, as Leonardo Da Vinci, who knew a thing or two about symmetry, showed in this beautiful drawing, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8EWLAW . It can be ordered as a canvas print from wahooart.com.

    ReplyDelete